Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How do I self manage my permed ';black'; hair so it looks like i went to the salon?

hello. I am a west indian mixed female. I have had a perm for 12 years now. I get my roots touched up (Motions) 4-5 times a year (approximately every 10-12 weeks). I go to the (Dominican) hair salon every 2 weeks to get a wash and set and condition (All garnier fructis which I bring with me) and a light blowing.





The problem is that I have long hair however it is thin. About 4-5 days after the salon my hair looses its body. I seldom use flat irons, blowdryers or curling irons at home. I unwrap my hair only when i am going outside so i wear a silk head scarf most of the day.





I tried doing my own hair (blow dry and flat iron) however it never looks or falls the way it should like after i come from the hair salon. It turns out extrememly thich and looses its fluidity (not sure if this is the correct term). Please help me on how I can better manage my own hair so that it falls and looks as though i went to the salon.How do I self manage my permed ';black'; hair so it looks like i went to the salon?
I know what you mean, I had a perm and it never looks as good as when go to the salon.


What I did is went to the salon and asked them to give me a guide to keep up the volume and thickness. They will direct you and if they are really helpful show you how its done. They can also advise you on the products to style your hair with


Good luck.How do I self manage my permed ';black'; hair so it looks like i went to the salon?
Try a olive oil perm kit. it puts a lot of moisture back into your hair and comes with setting lotion for a wrap.
Hot curlers are a dream. And the proper products.
  • emo hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment