Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Perm. Black hair dye faded and vanished.. wtf?

Ok i dyed it the ';Shiny Black'; type.





Looked great when it was first done. But now there is a problem.





After no less then two weeks, people started point out that the tips of my hair was brown. It looked really freaky (My original hair color is dark brown).





I wash my hair every two days.. so whats going on? I did notice a somewhat purplish bubble stuff after i washed my hair one day. But this was only once? did i scrub my hair too hard when washing or something? tips please.





BTW: Re-dying my hair tomorrow.. its been a month and a week now and my hair is completely back to normal.My Perm. Black hair dye faded and vanished.. wtf?
Check the product you used. It's possible that you bought what's called a ';Demi-permanent'; color. They are actually designed to wash out in 2 to 4 weeks. What you want to look for is ';permanent'; color. As your hair grows from the roots, you will eventually see this color grow out. That's why girls are always having their roots ';touched up';.





Lastly if you did in fact use permanent color it's possible that the shampoo that you used could have washed the color out. Cheap shampoos like Suave, White Rain, VO5 etc... have a lot of alcohol and detergents in them that will wash color out and even wash out a perm. Buy a good color safe shampoo, like Color Vive or something. If that doesn't work I would say go to a stylist and have them put the color in.My Perm. Black hair dye faded and vanished.. wtf?
Permanent hair dyes are not, in fact, permanent. They only last a little longer than the semi perm., or the temp. kind. If it were me, I would either pull my hair through a good frosting cap. The type purchased at Sally's Beauty supply, then color the strands the black color. This way, you can choose how heavy you want it to be. As it washes out, it will continue to look more natural. This also helps with new growth, as it wont show up as '; new growth on a dye job ';. It's important to understand that any chemicals you put on your hair will strip the color, sooner, if not all together. Also, and this is very important, the cooler you can stand the water when you shampoo and condition, then the longer it will last. It concerns me that you washed your hair and some purple was in the bubbles. Could someone have put something in your shampoo perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment