Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I used semi-perm. black hair dye, and it turned out dark brown on me. If I redye it, will it turn darker?

I used Color Brilliance semi-permanent black dye if you're wondering. I waited the 25 minutes it suggested before rinsing and put the color in after towel-drying my hair. Any suggestions to do it better or redye it in a different way would be great!I used semi-perm. black hair dye, and it turned out dark brown on me. If I redye it, will it turn darker?
Yes, it will become darker, especially if you process with a cap under a dryer or some other source of heat. In my experience, I have found that some semi-permanent colors can last a lot longer than wanted so make sure that you really want black hair. If it doesn't totally wash out of the hair, it can be really expensive and damaging to have it removed. For best results, I would visit a salon and get a professional opinion to see if black would even be suitable for your skin tone since it can bring out red tones in the skin or make you look really washed out.I used semi-perm. black hair dye, and it turned out dark brown on me. If I redye it, will it turn darker?
yes, and you can do it the same day. semi means the color is like paint it will rinse in so many days. when you put the dye in your hair, sit under hair dryer for at least an hour with plastic cap on that is the ONLY way it will take the way you want it to. Use cold water (not cold that you cant stand it) to rinse the dye out. Warm water will just rise it totally out.
That stuff isn't going to get as dark as it says it is. You can try dying it a second time. I've done it, it should be okay, just don't do it anymore than that at one time, wait. Make sure you take good care of your hair so that it doesn't get too ruined. Leave in conditioner helps.
You shouldn't be using that SEMI permanent crap anyways. It'll never turn out right. Try using the real stuff, permanent.
It should come out darker but if you just dyed it wait a couple of weeks. You already have alot of chemical in your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment